Shipping & Returns
We currently only ship to addresses in the United States. Smokin Scooters ships via USPS or UPS/FedEx Ground and DO NOT offer expedited shipping. Shipping rates are as follows:
- Orders over $199 - FREE
- Orders less than $199 and 6 pounds or over - Flat Rate $18
- Orders less than $199 and between 1 and 6 pounds - Flate Rate $7
- Orders weighing less than 1 pound - Flat Rate $4.50
We typically process orders within 1 business day but, on occasion, may take up to 2 days to process an order. Processing an order means packaging it and handing it off to our shipping carrier. Once the shipping carrier picks up an order, it can take 2 – 5 business days to receive your items.
STANDARD DELIVERY TIMES BY CARRIER
- USPS Priority: 2-3 business days
- USPS 1st Class: 2-6 business days
- UPS Ground: 3-5 business days
- FedEx Home Delivery: 3-5 business days
Business days DO NOT include weekends or holidays. Most items will arrive in 2 – 5 business days. Smaller items ordered individually, such as grip tape, may be shipped USPS 1st class and take slightly longer to arrive.
All returns and exchanges must be reported to Smokin Scooters within 30 days of receiving your merchandises. The 30 day period begins when merchandise is delivered to recipient's shipping address.
You will need to contact us to obtain an RMA (return authorization). We will require that you provide proof via pictures that the product is still in new-in-box condition. We will not issue an RMA or provide a return address until we receive photos of the product new in the box.
For returns, you will be responsible for paying the shipping charges back to us. For exchanges, you will be responsible for BOTH shipping of the original product back to us and shipping on the new product to you. In many cases, we drop ship products and an additional $10 drop ship fee may apply if we have to ship the product from a distributor.
Returned items must be in new condition and in original, unopened packaging, with all miscellaneous items included, such as protective wrapping, stickers, user manuals, tools, wheel spacers, etc. When we receive a product back in NEW CONDITION, a refund will be issued in the form of STORE CREDIT. Refunds will be issued less the original shipping paid by the customer, as that expense has already been incurred by Smokin Scooters.
If returned items are damaged, used, or an installation has been attempted, depending on the condition of the product, a 20 - 50% damage fee will be assessed. We cannot sell slightly damaged products as new in the box and will assess a fair market sale value
Re-stocking fees are charged for two reasons:
- While many product returns are represented to us as new in the box, seldom do products come back to us as advertised. Often the product packaging is damaged, user manuals, tools, bolts, or stickers are missing, or the product was not packaged properly, causing minor damage to the product while in transit back to us. Restocking fees help subsidize the reduced cost that we re-sell the product for when it is in "almost new" or "slightly used" condition.
- It is fairly labor intensive to process are return. We often have to coordinate with distributors to issue credits, evaluate the condition of a product, put products back in stock in the warehouse, and perform additional accounting activities. It take significantly more time to process a return than an original order.
We advise insuring your return with the Signature on Delivery to ensure your package arrives to the proper destination. This service is offered by most, if not all, shipping carriers. Smokin Scooters is not responsible for any items lost or damaged during the return shipping process.
Once your return is authorized, please contact us for a return address.
Shipments that are refused will receive a partial refund less a 10% restocking fee and the shipping charges incurred by Smokin Scooters, as well as any fees incurred by Smokin Scooters to have the packages shipped back to us.
DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
If you received a damaged or defective product in your, please contact us immediately. Immediately is within 24 hours of receipt. Smokin Scooters requires pictures of the damaged products prior to issuing an RMA.
INCORRECT PRODUCT RECEIVED
If you received an incorrect item, please contact us immediately (within 24 hours of receipt). It is important that you contact us before making a return because you may or may not need to return the product. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis when you contact a representative from Smokin Scooters.
Refunds are issued within two business days of receiving any returned merchandise. Be advised it may take some time for refunded transactions to settle in your account. Be advised a 20% restocking fee will be applied to your return when packaging is damaged or not available. For any return or exchange claim, shipping costs are non-refundable.
Patrons are responsible for all additional shipping charges necessary to complete a return or exchange.